New profile pic

New profile pic

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Bombs are good and I don't care

This article.  The impetus to write my thoughts down in a weblog.  The article a cause of ire and consternation.  Perplexity: this is acceptable now?  To casually claim that being an accomplice to murder is okay since the manufacturers of the armaments provide jobs?  Let me paraphrase the sentiment offered by the interviewer:

Mmm, okay, you mentioned morals.  So, yeah, that’s bullshit first of all.  I mean listen to the tone of my voice . . . morals do not concern me in the least and sure as hell do not come primary in my view of reality.  “We” need those jobs and who even really cares about what Saudi Arabia is doing with these weapons.  Jobs.  JOBS.  And I’ll go ahead and state what I’ve implied about these jobs.  These jobs are the best jobs ever.  The only jobs we will ever need.  Screw using this money for education or aid or rebuilding domestic infrastructure.  No.  Boom, boom, boom!  And when those bombs hit and those lives are ripped apart in every which way, I DON’T CARE.

How common this attitude?  Is it a belief?  Or is it just a sign of the absence of any questioning or concern.  And this cultivated understanding of the world and understanding of how our economy works is coming from the smart people.  Someone voting for either of the candidates for president thinks this.  Even someone voting for the “lesser of two evils” must think this.  Bombs are good and I don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment